Some of the vocativ Companies are located outside the USA as well as outside of the European Economic Area. If you would like a list of relevant entities including locations, please send an email to [email protected]
For purposes of European data protection laws, the controller responsible for the described data collection and processing is vocative, LLC, 462 FASHION AVE NEW YORK, NEW YORK.
- completing forms on the Website (such as "Contact Us" forms);
- corresponding with us by e-mail, phone or otherwise;
- reporting a problem or requesting support for the Website;
- communicating with us through third-party social media websites or applications (Please see Social Media Policy for further information); and
- participating in our contests, promotions, sweepstakes, surveys or live voting features on the Website.
The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, and social media account details (such as Facebook and Twitter).
3. Information we may collect about you.
We may process several types of personal information about you depending on your capacity as e.g. a consumer, costumer or business partner, and the ways in which you interact with us.
If you choose not to provide us with your personal information, please understand that we might not be able to provide you with the requested product, service, solution or respond to some of your requests.
3.1 Information you provide to us
- Contact information (name, address, email, telephone etc.);
- General Business information such as address, contact person, invoicing and other payment information, delivery information.;
- Reviews, feedback, comments;
- Audiovisual information, such as pictures or video;
- Recruitment data: CV, application forms, letters of recommendation, languages, qualification, certifications, trainings, and other professional licenses, etc.;
- Talent management information, such as employment and education history, other details included in the CVs; professional qualifications and experience, performance and development programs and reviews and career development plans, etc.
3.2 Information we automatically collect about you
- With regard to each of your visits to our Website, we may automatically collect the following behavioral and usage information:
- technical information, including IP address, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, platform, unique device identifiers and mobile network information;
- information about your visit, including the full URL clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time);
- information about your network, such as information about devices, nodes, configurations, connection speeds, and network and application performance;
- Cookies preferences search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
4. Why we collect your personal information
Depending on who you are, we may collect personal information for different purposes.
- Website Users: ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- Services: Your information may be required in order to provide you with the requested goods or services or to fulfil other purposes which you have requested from us.
- Support: Providing you with customer support, responding to your questions or queries, to maintain account security and for other website or app maintenance reasons.
- Marketing: To facilitate direct marketing, and website analysis.
- Legal: Performance and execution of contracts, comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
5. Why do we need your information?
Under Article 6(1) of the GDPR, we are only permitted to process your data if there is a legal basis to do so. A legal basis for processing your data will arise when one or more of the following conditions apply:
- You have provided your consent to the processing, when required according to applicable data protection laws;
- The processing is necessary for the facilitation of the performance of our contractual obligations arising from your employment contract;
- In compliance with applicable legal applicable obligations;
- The processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by vocativ or by a third party, except where your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of personal data override such interests;
- The processing is necessary for the protection of vital interests of any natural person.
6. How long we keep your information
We retain your personal information as long as it is necessary to fulfil the specific purposes, as explained under the section “Why we collect your personal information”. In specific cases, a longer retention of your personal information might be required according to legal obligations.
In all other cases, we delete your personal information once the purpose of processing your information has been fulfilled.
7. Third Party and Online Links to Other Sites
This Privacy Notice applies only to vocativ and its products or services and not to other websites or applications operated by third parties.
Please check our Social Media Policy for further information.
When you visit our websites or in our digital platforms in general, cookies might be stored on your devices within the web browser. Cookies are small text files that can store information for a certain period and identify your device.
9. Data Security
We take reasonable steps to implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal information. These measures follow applicable data protection and data security laws and are in place to prevent any risks, such as accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to your personal information.
10. Sharing your data with third parties
We do not share your personal information with third parties except in specific cases, where an appropriate legal basis exists. We may disclose your personal information to:
- vocativ affiliates. Vocativ as an international corporation might share your personal information with its several vocativ affiliates.
- External service providers, such as consultants, advisors and auditors. We may also share your data with trusted service providers who support us in providing you with services such as IT services, marketing, finance, advertising, archiving and document storage.
- Business partners
- Public or governmental authorities as required by applicable laws and regulations.
Where required by law, the appropriate data processing agreements have been concluded with these third parties.
11. Social Media
The Website may offer the option to share content items on external sites, services and/or social networks as offered to you, and supported, by your browser.
Your use of such sharing will also enable the sharing of information with your contacts or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity through which you choose to share. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit our Social Media Policy and the privacy policies of the entities through which you choose to share.
12. Data transfers outside the European Union
In some cases, we may transfer personal data to our affiliates, service providers or partners to third countries outside the EU. Specifically, the information and personal information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination in or outside the European Union (“EU”)/European Economic Area (“EEA”), including the United States.
We do not intentionally or knowingly process personal information of children under the age of 16 or as otherwise defined by applicable laws.
If you are under the age of 16, talk to your parents or legal guardians and obtain their consent before sharing your personal information with us.
If you are a parent or legal guardian of a child under the age of 16, we ask that you supervise your children's use of our products or services (including websites and other digital platforms) and make sure that your children do not and will not share any personal information with us without asking your permission.
14. Your Rights
Whenever we process personal information, you have certain rights that the GDPR stipulates and that we take very seriously. Regarding every processing of your personal data, you may rely on the following rights:
- Right of access (Art. 15 GDPR):
You have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you is being processed, and, where that is the case access to the personal data and the information specified in Art. 15 GDPR.
- Right to rectification and erasure (Art. 16 and 17 GDPR):
You have the right to obtain without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you and, if necessary, the right to have incomplete personal data completed.
You also have the right to obtain an erasure of the personal data concerning you without undue delay, if one of the reasons listed in Art. 17 GDPR applies, e.g. if the data is no longer necessary for the intended purpose.
- Right to restriction of processing (Art. 18 GDPR): If one of the conditions set forth in Art. 18 GDPR applies, you shall have the right to restrict the processing of your data to mere storage, e.g. if you revoke consent, to the processing, for the duration of a possible examination.
- Right to data portability (Art. 20 GDPR):
In certain situations, listed in Art. 20 GDPR, you have the right to receive the personal data concerning you in a structured, common and machine-readable format or demand a transmission of the data to another third party.
- Right to object (Art. 21 GDPR): If the data is processed pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR (data processing for the purposes of the legitimate interests), you have the right to object to the processing at any time for reasons arising out of your particular situation. We will then no longer process your personal data, unless there are demonstrably compelling legitimate grounds for processing, which override the interests, rights and freedoms of the person concerned, or the processing serves the purpose of asserting, exercising or defending legal claims.
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority Pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you consider the processing of the data concerning you infringes data protection regulations. The right to lodge a complaint may be invoked in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or the place of the alleged infringement.
You may exercise these rights by contacting us directly. All questions or requests regarding personal data should be sent to:
Address: 462 FASHION AVE, NEW YORK, NEW YORK
Telephone number: +1 212-201-3640
E-mail: [email protected]
You may also contact our data protection officer at: FIRST PRIVACY GmbH
E-Mail: [email protected]
Source : https://www.vocativ.com/pages/legal/index.html